In Islam, all non-Muslims are called unbelievers or infidels. The treatment of the infidels in Islam is divided into two categories. The polytheists, pagans, idolaters and heathens have the choice of converting to Islam or suffer death. The Jews and Christians, whom the Koran calls people of the book, can retain their religion but on the sufferance of accepting humiliation and subjugation to Islam and payment of Jizyah (poll-tax) to the Islamic rulers [For more detail read this article: Unfettered Religious Freedom in Islam – A Fact or Fiction? - by Alamgir Hussain].
Now, let us have a closer look at what the Koran says about the infidels:-
- Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them(2:191)
- Make war on the infidels living in your neighboorhood (9:123)
- When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you catch them (9:5)
- Kill the Jews and the Christians if they do not convert to Islam or refuse to pay Jizya tax (9:29)
- Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable (3:85)
- The Jews and the Christians are perverts; fight them (9:30)
- Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticise Islam. (5:33)
- The infidels are unclean; do not let them into a mosque (9:28)
- Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies
- Do not hanker for peace with the infidels; behead them when you catch them (47:4)
- The unbelievers are stupid; urge the Muslims to fight them (8:65)
- Muslims must not take the infidels as friends (3:28)
- Terrorise and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Qur’an (8:12)
- Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorise the infidels (8:60)
The Qur’an certainly proclaims that when the time is appropriate, Muslims must use force to convert the unbelievers to Islam. For the non-Muslims, the alternative to this is to pay the humiliating protection money (Jizya tax) or be killed (by beheading, of course). A militarily dominant Islam, without doubt, precludes the peaceful co-existence with the unbelievers if the Muslims have to abide strictly by the unalterable stipulations of the Qur’an.
This is why we see very few “moderate” muslims coming out and speaking against the violence. There is so much overwhelming evidence stacked against them not able to be “moderate” because of the fundamental belief’s of Islam.
Referenced from Islam-Watch