Yes I know the MSM big story of yesterday was Rudy Giuliani officially announcing his bid to run for the Presidency. But what people aren’t talking about, which I think is ever BIGGER news is that Michael Savage is mulling running for president. It’s funny that he is the only guy in the country who can have 4 NY times best sellers in a row and you don’t hear a peep from anyone in the media on either side.
Now this may not be that big of deal to most, and the fact the he would win is highly unlikely, but could he somehow bring the Republican party back to it’s conservative roots? Newsmax ran an article yesterday and a poll about Savage’s mulling.
“I know it sounds bizarre but when you consider the people running for the presidency, none . . . seems to be qualified,” Savage told NewsMax in an exclusive interview.
Savage, based at the San Francisco Bay area’s KNEW station, began his syndicated “Savage Nation” show in 2000. Today his network, Talk Radio Network, boasts that Savage is heard on over 370 stations across the country by 8 million listeners a week. [Editor's Note: Do you want Michael Savage for President? Vote Here Now.]
The controversial radio host packs a powerful punch in his three-hour daily show and can spark national news. Savage was credited with bringing the Dubai Ports World deal to national attention. The deal would have turned over U.S. port operations to the Middle Eastern company. A public outrage ensued, forcing Dubai Ports World to scuttle their plan.
Savage has also parlayed his loyal base into four consecutive New York Times best sellers, including his latest “The Political Zoo” — a satirical criticism of both Republicans and Democrats.
Savage readily admits he has little chance of being elected.
Still, he’s convinced he could help push the Republican Party back to its conservative roots.
“A non-politician who has a very large following, who is very conservative, and who believes in a simple message of borders, language, and culture has a great chance of electrifying the American people,” Savage said, complaining the current flock of candidates are simply parroting “sound bytes.”
Savage goes on to talk last night on his radio show about the candidates and other big issues like Immigration, Global warming and the War in Iraq:
- John McCain: “McCain . . . what does McCain stand for? He ran in the mantle of Barry Goldwater and then he completely humiliated that legacy by being a senator in the mold of a Rockefeller Republican rather than showing any tinges of Goldwater conservatism.”
- Rudy Giuliani: “He has not got a ghost of a chance to be president. He’s for Giuliani and no one else. He’s too liberal; favoring gay marriage, for example, and he made New York City an asylum city for illegal aliens. He has no conservative credentials.”
- Mitt Romney: “I don’t know the man but his policies seem to be all over the map.”
- Newt Gingrich: “He is intellectually brilliant, but I think . . . he’s unelectable because he has too much history.”
- Illegal Immigration: “There is only one major issue,” he said. “It’s interconnected to the border. The border and the war on terror are interrelated. Bush cannot have it both ways. He cannot say he’s fighting the war on terror over there and leaving the door to Mexico off its hinges over here. It doesn’t make sense.”
- Iraq War: “Our troops are fighting with handcuffs. You can’t fight a war with rules of engagement that are the rules of engagement of a state trooper in the United States. “This war cannot be won without a new strategy. They’re putting more men into the meat grinder. There is only one way to resolve this. Use the techniques that have been used in all previous modern wars. Use air power to decimate the enemy in his stronghold — the Sunni triangle, and the area where the Mahdi army is — Sadr city, and then send tanks in with the men behind the tanks to mop up. You do not send boys in, alley-by-alley in hand-to-hand combat unless you are an incompetent sob.”
- Global Warming: “It is the biggest hoax of out lifetimes,” he charged. “It is being promulgated by people who want to control the industrialized West without firing a shot.” He explained that he is the only radio host “with an actual Ph.D. in a real science from a great university.” “What caused the ice ages to recede?” he asked. “Man did not industrialize the earth until the 19th century.” The earth, he explained, “warmed through natural phenomena — through sunflares, underwater volcanic activity warming the oceans, for example. “It is the biggest hoax of out lifetimes,” Savage continued, “For liberals, global warming is their religion, they believe in the hype, and if you do not agree, you are a bad person much like how communists treated non-party members.