This is what I like to hear! They don’t call him the “straight shooter” for no reason.
From ABC news
His loudest and most frequent applause came during a lengthy response to a question regarding the status of illegal immigrants living in the United States.
“If we catch illegal immigrants who are here, they need to be deported,” Thompson said. “If they want to get back in the right way, get in line with everybody else.”
He also called upon Mexico President Felipe Calderon to focus on building his economy.
“We love you, we want to be your friend, but we would ask you to examine your policies as to whether or not it’s wise for your economy to be based on the exportation of your own people,” he said.
Thompson’s question and answer session was interrupted by his daughter, Hayden, who walked on stage when he was discussing “what had to be done” in the Middle East.
“Hello Sweetheart, I’ll be finished in a minute,” he smiled, as she clung to his left leg.
- Geraldo on Laura Ingraham denies illegal immigration as a national issue
- Giuliani: I promise you, we can end illegal immigration
- Illegal Immigration: Politicians Failing the American People
- Fred Thompson Blasts Bi-Partisan Immigration Bill
- A Message from a California School teacher on Illegal Immigration