He obviously can’t handle the threat of the Taliban.
- He knows that Islamists want him dead.
- He knows they are reaching at every angle to regain power.
- He’s already survived two assassination attempts.
- He’s tried everything to appease the Taliban.
- He’s tried to negotiate,
- He’s tried to ignore them
- He’s even sent troops to the NWP (north west province) to push the Taliban back.
- It seems like he could use all the help he can get, but…
He won’t allow the US military inside Pakistani airspace.
Why won’t he let us help him? If he so badly wants to “fight terrorism” why won’t he allow assistance? The Islamists know he’s already allied with the US so why would it be so bad to let us help him confront the terrorist Taliban?
Also, why isn’t there more diplomatic pressure from Bush on this? We know where Bin Laden is, we know he’s in Pakistan, and we know where the enemy is. There should be serious diplomatic pressure to do something about the re-birth of the Taliban.
Today, Bin Laden called for all Pakistani’s to wage Jihad on Musharraf’s government. This just gets worse by the day…
Al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden called on Pakistanis to wage a holy war against President Gen. Pervez Musharraf in a new recording released Thursday, saying his military’s siege of a militant mosque stronghold makes him an infidel.
- Bin Laden more popular than Musharraf in Pakistan
- Musharraf breaks peace with Taliban: Sends 12,000 to fight Terrorism
- U.S. assessing Pakistan nukes if Musharraf falls
- Pakistan's President Gen Musharraf survives Assassination attempt
- Ex-Pakistani PM Nawaz Sharif returns to Pakistan, Musharraf exiles him again