I have to say…
Every day I read the news….from the left to the right, from the mainstream media to the new media, from the nuttery to the intellectual, from the blowhards to the analysts.
It really can be a drag on some days, but other days it’s just awesome to be a part of a group of bloggers who understand each other and they understand the reason why we blog.
Also to the lurkers out there who stay unknown to the rest, but follow the news vehemently. They comment, they participate, they add new and interesting ideas to the conversation. Content + community = a cause worth being a part of.
The lurkers/commenters add an element of community that keeps bloggers feeling like they have a sense of purpose and worth. Sometimes we ask ourselves is it worth it to keep going? Is it worth is to keep posting about things you truly believe in?
Yes I think it’s worth it, and yes I feel I have a duty to keep going for as long as I am physically able to do so. I owe it to my readers, and they appreciate every day they make their rounds in the blogosphere.
Oh and to the trolls…we love you too, err not.
Anti-Jihad news of the day:
- US Fort Huachuca target of Islamic terrorists
- 80 lashes for school teacher who named class teddy bear “Muhammed”
- GIMF raising money online for Al Qaeda
- Middle East Christian Association To Stop Activity In Egypt
- Laser guided mortar rounds being sent to troops in Iraq and Afghanistan
- “Call for donations” – Al Qaeda admits financial stress
- Saudi’s release 1,500 terrorists because they “repented”
- Iraqi Government wants permanent US bases
- Hezbollah vows attacks in Britain for any attack on Iran