A couple that married in secret has been slain by another peaceful member of the religion of understanding and dialogue.
The first honour killing of 2008 took place in Kahna early Tuesday morning. Unidentified assailant(s) shot dead a couple that eloped.
Kahna police said Muhammad Nadeem (25) from Kasur had an affair with Nasreen (22) from Dhoop Sari village in Kahna. The couple’s families did not agree to their marriage and they ran away and married in secret.
They did not inform their families about their whereabouts and started living in a rented house in Nawab Shakoor Town, Kahna. Their neighbours heard gunshots early Tuesday morning and informed the police. The police found the couple’s bodies in their bedroom.
The police said there were no witnesses. Investigators believe the girl’s family had the couple killed.
- Palestinian Women Fight Back After 8th 'Honor Killing' In One Family
- Honor killing in Australia
- Honor Killing of wife and 3 kids "totally justified"
- Jordanian family drops all charges in son's 'honor killing' of sister
- Honor Killing: Teen strangled by father for refusing hijab *update* teen dies from injuries