But don’t mention Islam you racist, hate-filled, Islamophobic bigots!
A young Saudi Arabian woman was murdered by her father for chatting on the social network site Facebook, it has emerged.
The unnamed woman from Riyadh was beaten and shot after she was discovered in the middle of an online conversation with a man, the al-Arabiya website reported.
Saudi preacher Ali al-Maliki has emerged as the leading critic of Facebook, claiming the network is corrupting the youth of the nation.
“Facebook is a door to lust and young women and men are spending more on their mobile phones and the Internet than they are spending on food,” he said.
Critics also allege that Facebook is an avenue for the promotion of homosexual relations in Saudi Arabia. More than 6,500 people have signed the online petition in a bid to stop the conservative Muslim kingdom following Syria in banning access to the network from local internet servers.
- Saudi Cleric: Censor Facebook
- Another Honor Killing: Father stones 14 year old daughter to death in Iran
- Islamic Honor Killing in Turkey Claims lives of Mother, Daughter
- Honor Killing: Teen strangled by father for refusing hijab *update* teen dies from injuries
- Saudi Gang rape victim in danger of "Honor killing" from own family