The Whitehouse has issued a statement about “strengthening ties” with Saudi Arabia including the expansion of “peaceful civil nuclear energy”.
The Saudis bear a special responsibility for protecting key energy facilities of global importance and the world benefits from their abundant energy supplies. Our global economy depends greatly on Saudi Arabian energy. The U.S. has a keen interest in helping the Saudis protect their energy infrastructure against terrorism, as demonstrated by the unsuccessful terrorist attack against the Kingdom’s Abqaiq Plants in February 2006. To this end, the United States and Saudi Arabia have agreed to cooperate in safeguarding the Kingdom’s energy resources by protecting key infrastructure, enhancing Saudi border security, and meeting Saudi Arabia’s expanding energy needs in an environmentally responsible manner.
- The U.S. and Saudi Arabia will sign a Memorandum of Understanding in the area of peaceful civil nuclear energy cooperation. This agreement will pave the way for Saudi Arabia’s access to safe, reliable fuel sources for energy reactors and demonstrate Saudi leadership as a positive non-proliferation model for the region.
- The United States will assist the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to develop civilian nuclear power for use in medicine, industry, and power generation.
- The Government of the United States and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will establish a comprehensive framework for cooperation in the development of environmentally sustainable, safe, and secure civilian nuclear energy through a series of complementary agreements.
Bush truly is in the dark about radical Islam. Why are we strengthening ties with one of the worst human rights violators in the world?
- Does he not know that the majority of 9-11 hijakcers were Saudi?
- Does he not realize that the majority of foreign terrorists in Iraq are Saudi?
- Does he not care about the atrocious human rights violations that are committed under Sharia Islamic law in Saudi Arabia?
- What does it say about you when your “strengthening ties” with a country who won’t even let Bibles into the country, much less worship in a church or synagogue freely.
By “strengthening ties” with a country who has been less than cooperative, we are truly showing how foggy our 9-11 goggles have become.
Forgive me from making this assessment, but wouldn’t that say a little about what is being indoctrinated into your people perhaps through the state-mandated ideology of Wahhabi Islamic doctrine?