Play music at wedding receptions for a living? That’s a fatwa.
Taliban ‘murder drum player’
Written by Quqnoos.com Monday, 18 August 2008 11:30
Drum musician killed after receiving frequent threats from militants
UNKNOWN militants have killed a drum musician in Logar province, one of the victim’s family said.
Hazrad Din, a 50-year-old drum player, had played drums at celebrations in the province’s Baraki Barak district for the last 30 years.
Ziaul Din, his uncle, said Hazrad Din was killed by two men riding a motorcycle while leaving a marriage party in the Rustam Khel district of the province on Saturday.
The musician had received frequent threats from the Taliban over the last year and was warned not to play at wedding parties, the uncle said.
The Taliban have failed to comment on the murder.
The governor of Baraki Barak district, Yasin Lodin, said they have launched an investigation into the killing.
Original story found in Quqnoos online.
- American Hezbollah supporter pleads guilty to sending death threats to journalist
- 80 Taliban extinguished in Afghanistan
- British muslims fight in Afghanistan… For the Taliban
- Taliban Militants Burn 3 Girls' Schools, Blow Up Hospital In Pakistan
- Mullahs (muslim prayer leaders) blow themselves up in a mosque, premature detonation