This is the United States of America! NOT some shariah run hell hole like Iran, Pakistan, Kuwait or Egypt. You want a meal break at the end of your shift to break your Ramadan fast, GO HOME or get a job working nights. You come to America, you assimilate into OUR culture. After all when a Westerner goes to a muslim country, he/she is expected to observe muslim customs and laws.
GREELEY, Colo. — Talks at a Greeley meatpacking plant over religious accommodations for Muslim workers have broken down, with some workers saying they will not return to work and may take legal action.
A union official said about 200 workers have been suspended after walking out of JBS Swift & Co. on Friday, saying they were not allowed to take a lunch break at sunset to end their fast during the Muslim observance of Ramadan. Up to 300 workers walked out of the plant.
United Food and Commercial Workers Local 7 and Swift met Tuesday to work out differences, which included time for prayer. After talks broke down some Muslim workers said, “No prayer, no work.”
Union leader Fernando Rodriquez told the Greeley Tribune the workers were suspended. Company spokeswoman Tamara Smid did not returned messages left by The Associated Press.
Good on the company for suspending them! I’d much rather buy from JBS Swift & Co than that dhimmified Tyson Foods.
Read the article and some comments by fed up Americans in the Star Tribune.
- Minnesota muslims cry foul over company dress code
- UK gov't entity demands employees observe Ramadan including fasting
- Christians in Algeria pay fine, receive suspended sentence
- UPDATED – OUTRAGE! Tyson foods dumps Labor Day paid holiday, will now celebrate Eid al-Fitr – BOYCOTT TYSON FOODS
- Tyson foods defends decision to drop Labor day in favor of Muslim holiday *update* video added