Not at all shocking that a muslim admits he wants to kill a Christian, but it is very disturbing that it is a sitting judge in a court of law. I wonder if the Egyptian government will even do anything to punish him for abusing his power.
Bail granted to convert from Islam barred from legally changing religious ID.
ISTANBUL, January 27 (Compass Direct News) – After her arrest at Cairo’s airport on Dec. 13 while attempting to flee anti-Christian hostilities in Egypt, convert Martha Samuel Makkar was granted bail on Saturday (Jan. 24), but not before a judge took her aside and said he would like to kill her, according to her lawyer. Attorney Nadia Tawfiq said Judge Abdelaa Hashem questioned Makkar extensively about her Christian faith during the hearing. Makkar explained her reasons for conversion, avowing her Christian faith and repudiating the judge’s claims that converting from Islam to Christianity was impossible. “Then he said, ‘I want to talk with Martha alone,’ so we all left the room, and he said to her, ‘Nobody changes from Muslim to Christian – you are a Muslim,’” Tawfiq said. “And she said, ‘No, I am a Christian.’ He told her, ‘If I had a knife now, I would kill you.’ [Makkar] came out crying and depressed, but at least he gave the decision to let her go free.” Makkar, 24, said police and members of her extended family have threatened her incessantly, with the latter threatening to kill her.
Not only does the judge threaten her, she is getting the same from her own family. A typical reaction from adherents of the religion of peace.
- Pakistan Clerics Threaten To Kill Christian For Marrying Muslim; Christian Girls Kidnapped
- Egyptian muslims attack their Christian neighbors, chanting "allah akbar", "kill the infidels"
- Egyptian Authorities starving Christian kids to force mom to convert back to islam
- Five killed in blasts as Christian families get incentives to return to Mosul
- Egypt: Muslim refuses to give child to Christian mother