After returning fire with mortar shells after rockets were launched from southern Lebanon, Israel has asked the Lebanese government to reign in those who would continue launching rockets. Hizbullah denies involvement in the attacks.
Israel Asks Lebanon to Stop Rocket Attacks
The Israeli army said Thursday that both the Lebanese government and the Lebanese army must prevent rocket attacks on Israel.
An Israeli military spokesman said in a statement that “Palestinian members seek to drag Lebanon into a confrontation and we believe that the government and the Lebanese army must stop the firing (of rockets).”
The statement came hours after Katyusha rockets fired from south Lebanon hit northern Israel.
- BREAKING NEWS – Lebanon: Three Katyusha rockets fired into Northern Israel
- Video: Hamas rocket slams into Israeli shopping Mall
- Israel seals Gaza crossings after rocket attack
- Another rocket hits Israel, in a second Palestinian violation of the Gaza "truce"
- Terrorists reportedly readying sabotage attacks in Lebanon, on UNIFIL Peacekeepers