Seriously, California, WTF?
Searchers angry at CA family in missing girl case
HESPERIA, Calif. — People who spent hours searching for a California girl reported missing by her family say they were outraged to learn the 13-year-old’s family gave authorities misleading information as she hid to avoid an alleged arranged marriage in Pakistan.
The girl’s mother reported her daughter missing from her Hesperia home on Feb. 22, and told investigators she worried her daughter had run off with a sexual predator.
Her statement prompted a national kidnapping probe, but investigators said they later found out the girl was safely hiding in a hotel with the help of a relative who didn’t want her to go to Pakistan.
A neighbor said Thursday that he felt “betrayed” by the girl’s family, who San Bernardino County sheriff’s investigators say gave misleading information.
- Pakistan – Judge refuses to return kidnapped girls forced into marriage
- Pakistan: Girls, aged 5 and 8 given up for marriage to 23 and 15 year old males
- Man says will wait to consummate marriage with 10-year-old Hail girl
- Pakistan: Kidnapper of 13 year old girl ordered to pay dowry
- Saudi court DENIES 8 year old girl divorce from 58 year old man.